Adamson Systems Engineering is a leading designer and manufacturer of Professional Audio Products for the touring industry and large install applications. Our headquarters are located in Port Perry (20mins North of Oshawa), Ontario. As a member of a team of engineers, the candidate will fill the role of Software Development Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading a Java software development team in the application of products in the Pro Audio domain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, interaction, and development of the application following best practices
- Ensure solutions are built with high quality, using simple clean designs according to sound architectural principles.
- Create reliable plans. Work with the team to estimate work, assess risk and provide effective delivery plans.
- Plan and Ensure compliance to key deliverables
- Hands-on involvement in development/design/architecture/code review
- Develop code for a Java / C++ application software
- Work closely with the business side of the product and the technical teams
- Enable effective process. Act as Scrum Master and/or Agile coach to ensure the team is operating effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 8 to 10 years Java / C++ software development experience on mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- Experience with communication protocols: TCP/IP and Ethernet
- Experience with Git revision control including:
- GUI development
- You possess either Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- Good English communication skills both verbally and written essential
- Group Benefit Program
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- Highly competitive wages
Adamson Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time